Monday, March 25, 2013

Act like a KiD AgAin!

It is amazing how much you life can change in an instant. We have all been there. Whether it was graduating, getting married, having a child, or hearing an unwanted diagnosis-we have all had that moment of "what next?"

I have had several of those "what next", "why me" moments in my life. You can either choose to learn from them or have them drown you, slowly. I choose to learn from my moments. My first moment brought me a life-long gift. It was a gift that I had wanted and wished for since I was probably was eight-to be a mother. After years of many ups and downs, she finally graced our life in the most amazing way. I am so thankful for her. If I didn't have her, I'm not sure I would be where I am today.

Once I got my diagnosis, I found myself depressed, wondering about my life, and wallowing for days. The only reason I would get out of bed, was her. She needed me. She was my glimmer of light in my darkest hours. She reminded me why I needed to continue living my life and fight. She was my purpose. She gave me purpose. She reminded me what life is supposed to be like- laughter, love, and many adventures!

I recently came across this article: 5 Ways Acting Like a Kid Can Improve Your Mental Health. I found it to be so true. Since my diagnosis, I have found myself enjoying life to the fullest. I play like a kid again. We play some of the craziest things-like chasing crocodiles in our front room or scary monster. She makes me feel like I am five and I love it. Who doesn't want to be five again?

So, if you have been through one of those moments where you question "what's next" or "why me" or just clearly need a break from your daily routine, give yourself an hour, a day, a week and play like a kid again. Your heart will thank you for it. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment