Friday, January 25, 2013

Thank you.

After I first received my diagnosis, I had to let it sink in. I told my husband and my mom. That was it. I couldn't bring myself to tell anyone else. I didn't want to see the sadness in their eyes when I told them. It breaks my heart to see others in pain, especially the ones I hold so close to my heart.

I don't want it to define me. I don't want people to feel sorry for me. I want them to understand what I'm going through and keep me going. Fight with me. Be there for me. But, don't feel sorry for me.

After a few days, I began texting my closets friends because I had to talk about it, but couldn't. I couldn't look at them and tell them without crying. I'm not a crier, but this past month has proven me wrong. So, texting it was. I hated reading their responses, not that they weren't the most caring responses in the world. It was the fact that I had to share this horrible news. I was about to rock their world with my horrible news.

Within 12 hours, it happened. Their care, love, and support was hitting my doorstep. I felt so loved. My friends are truly the best. Hands down. The best. They made dinners and desserts for me. They had magazines for me. They had flowers for me. They had movies for me to watch and crafts to build with my daughter. Most importantly, they cared. My husband was thrilled. He didn't make dinner for two weeks! I was thrilled too because he only knows how to cook 2 things. :)

This post is for my friends and family. I truly can't thank all of you enough. I adore each and every one of you.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment